3+1+1 Educational Framework
Master of Science Programme (Mechanical Engineering) under the 3+1+1 NUS ME-NUSRI-Partner Chinese Universities Educational Framework
(This scheme is by invitation only.)
Master of Science (Mechanical Engineering) – NUSRI (Suzhou) by coursework
Applicant to make an online submission with type code (given) at Graduate Admission System (GDA).
By applying for the Master of Science (Mechanical Engineering) Programme under the 3+1+1 NUS-NUSRI Partner Chinese Universities Education Framework, the applicant is deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the requirements under this framework and the clauses as stated.
Applicant Guide to the Graduate Admission System (GDA)
Graduate Admission System GDA2
SGD $53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) to be made online during the application submission using credit card.
The following soft copies of supporting documents (item 1 to 3) are to be submitted to the NUS Suzhou Research Institute, attn.: Ms. Wang Jia (3+1+1 Programme Office) for verification before uploading the required documents into the GDA2 application system. (Soft copies of documents must be clear and not truncated.)
- Official identification document
- Page of Passport bearing name, passport number and particulars
- b. Official documentary proof of change in a name such as Deed Poll, if applicable.
(If your name on passport is not identical to the name printed on your degree scroll/certificate and university transcript)
- English requirement
- Either official TOEFL scoresheet (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 85 (internet-based test); OR
- Official IELTS Academic scoresheet (International English Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.0.
- Either scoresheet must have a 2-year validity as at application opening date.
- Academic qualification (required at the point of application)
- Official consolidated Bachelor degree transcript issued by home Universities in China, which display results from the 1st to 6th/7th semester.
(All supporting documents submitted in a language other than English MUST be accompanied by an officially translated and certified copy in the English language.)
- Official page on the back of transcript or official document issued by home Universities in China displaying legend or explanatory note on grading system, overall CAP/CGPA/Average marks.
- Student status letter from issuing home University (China) on the expected date of completion and date of conferment of Degree.
- Semester’s result from NUSRI.
August 2019 M.Sc. (ME) intake:
The online application period is from 25 January 2019 to 22 February 2019.
The outcome of the applications online in mid-May 2019.
Points for Applicants to take note:
- 3+1+1 students have the option to exit from the programme right after the first “+1”. For those who do not apply to gain MSc (ME) admission following the first “+1” stage are considered to have left the educational framework.
- 3+1+1 students admitted to the MSc (ME) at NUS is under “Tuition fee – Non-Subsidised Fees” to pay the full tuition fee (i.e. non-subsidised rate). Please refer to the latest fee structure.
- He / she is not allowed to sign the Ministry of Education service obligation. If he / she does so accidentally or intentionally, the service obligation signed will be considered void.
- Each application is subject to review by the Mechanical Engineering Department and higher offices according to the criteria stipulated by these offices. The decision made by these offices is considered final. No appeals will be considered.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department reserves the right to terminate the student’s application or course of study if any of the above are not complied with.
- An invited applicant will be required to update the 3+1+1 Programme Office, Ms. Wang Jia, at the NUS (Suzhou) Research Institute when he/she complete the online application. Verification of invited applicants will be made between the Mechanical Engineering Department and the 3+1+1 Programme Office.
- Financial Resources:
(a) Candidates planning to undertake our MSc (ME) programme must ensure that they have the financial resources to support themselves for their entire programme of study.
(b) Funds should be set aside for living expenses as well as tuition fees, you may want to refer to OGP website Estimated Cost of Living.
- Onus is on the student to arrange for the transfer of credit and/or module (if applicable), from NUSRI back to home University in China, in order to fulfill home University degree graduation requirement and preparation for a full/complete transcript.