3+1+1 Educational Framework
Master of Science Programme (Mechanical Engineering) under the 3+1+1 NUS ME-NUSRI-Partner Chinese Universities Educational Framework
(This scheme is by invitation only.)
Master of Science (Mechanical Engineering) – NUSRI (Suzhou) by coursework
Applicant to make an online submission with the following type code at Graduate Admission System (GDA).
Applicant Guide to the Graduate Admission System (GDA)
Graduate Admission System GDA2
SGD $53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) to be made online during the application submission using credit card.
The following hardcopies of supporting documents (items 1 to 5) are to be submitted to the NUS Suzhou Research Institute (Attn: Ms Wang Jia / Ms Echo Zhang (3+1+1 Programme Office))
- Photocopy page of passport bearing the passport number
- Documentary proof of change in name if applicable(if you had your name changed and your name in Passport is not identical to the name printed on your degree scroll / certificate and university transcript)
- University Results / Academic Transcript:
- From 1st year to final year, including explanatory notes on grading system and overall CAP/CGPA/Average Mark obtained.
- Original official transcript, or its certified true copies This should be sent directly from the issuing University to NUSRI (Suzhou) 3+1+1 Programme Office in a SEALED envelope with its flap bearing the security seal of the university and the signature of the Registrar or representative.
- Degree scroll / certificate
- Financial Resources:
- Candidates planning to undertake our MSc programmes must ensure that they have the financial resources to support themselves for their entire programme of study.
- Funds should be set aside for living expenses as well as tuition fees referring to the “Estimated cost of living guide”.
- Candidates who require more time to prepare themselves financially for their graduate studies are encouraged to apply for admission in a subsequent intake.
- For waiver from the University’s English requirement, the minimum score expected is: for TOEFL internet-based test) or 6.0 (for IELTS (Academic)
For August 2019 M.Sc. (ME) intake, please submit the application by 17 February 2019 (tentative date).
- An Acknowledgement via post will be send to you and your Application Status online will be updated to “Physical Application Verified” in the Graduate Admission System. This would serve as a confirmation of receipt of your application and you have completed the whole application process.
- Allow 2-4 weeks after the deadlinefor the Acknowledgement Slip (post) to be sent to you and for the Application Status to be updated in the system.
- Applicant can expect to check the outcome of their applications online by middle to end of May, 2019.
Important Notes for Applicants:
- 3+1+1 students have the option to exit from the programme right after the first “+1”. For those who do not apply to gain MSc (ME) admission following the first “+1” stage are considered to have left the educational framework.
- 3+1+1 students admitted to the MSc (ME) at NUS is under “Tuition fee – Non-Subsidised Fees” to pay the full tuition fee (i.e. non-subsidised rate). Please refer to the latest fee structure.
- He / she is not allowed to sign the Ministry of Education service obligation. If he / she does so accidentally or intentionally, the service obligation signed will be considered void.
- An applicant from non-subsidized Masters of Science programme from other Departments / Faculties will not be allowed to transfer to Mechanical Engineering Department and undertake study under this 3+1+1 educational framework.
- Each application is subject to review by the Mechanical Engineering Department and higher offices according to the criteria stipulated by these offices. The decision made by these offices is considered final. No appeals will be considered.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department reserves the right to terminate the student’s application / course of study if (1) – (3) are not complied with.