Dr MANZHOS Sergei
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
National University of Singapore
9 Engineering Drive 1
Dr. S. Manzhos is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore. He obtained a M.Sc. from Kharkiv National University (Ukraine) in 1999 and a Ph.D. from Queen's University (Canada) in 2004, under the supervision of Hans-Peter Loock. In 2005 - 2007, he was a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Chemistry, University of Montreal (Canada) with Tucker Carrington. In 2008 - 2010, he was Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemical System Engineering, and in 2010-2012, Assistant Professor at the Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST), University of Tokyo (Japan). Research interests include the theory and computational modeling of processes in photoelectrochemical cells and metal ion batteries, modeling of molecule-surface reactions and vibrational spectroscopy of adsorbed species. He is a regular reviewer for various journals in the field of physical and computational chemistry and a member of the editorial board of The Scientific World Journal and Canadian Young Scientist Journal.
He is now looking for Ph.D. candidates with interests in computational modeling of mesoscopic solar cells, heterogeneous catalysis, and metal ion and metal air batteries.
PhD (Queen's Univ); MSc, honors (Kharkiv Ntl Univ)
Mesoscopic solar cells, batteries, heterogeneous catalysis, ab initio modeling, molecular dynamics, computational vibrational spectroscopy
52. S. Manzhos, M. Chan, T. Carrington: Favorable dimensionality scaling of rectangular collocation with adaptable basis functions up to 7 dimensions, J. Chem. Phys., in print (2013)
51. S. Manzhos: On the choice of the discount rate and the role of financial variables and physical parameters in estimating the levelized cost of energy, International Journal of Financial Studies, 1(3), 54-61 (2013)
50. Y. W. Koh, S. Manzhos: Curvature drastically changes diffusion properties of Li and Na on graphene, MRS Commun., in print (2013)
48. T. L. Tan, O. I. Malyi, F. Legrain, S. Manzhos: Role of inter-dopant interactions on the diffusion of Li and Na atoms in bulk Si anodes, MRS Proceedings, 1541(2013), DOI: 10.1557/opl.2013.756
47. O. I. Malyi, T. L. Tan, S. Manzhos: A computational study of the insertion of Li, Na, and Mg atoms into Si(111) nanosheets, Nano Energy, in print (2013) DOI: 10.1016/j.nanoen.2013.04.007
46. S. Manzhos: Effects of nuclear vibrations on the energetics of polythiophene: quantized energy molecular dynamics, Aust. J. Chem., in print (2013)
44. M. Chan, T. Carrington, S. Manzhos: Anharmonic vibrations of the carboxyl group in acetic acid on TiO2: implications for adsorption mode assignment in dye-sensitized solar cells, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 15(25), 10028-10034 (2013). Invited article for the special issue "Spectroscopy and dynamics of medium-sized molecules and clusters".
43. O. I. Malyi, T. L. Tan, S. Manzhos: In search of high performance anode materials for Mg batteries: computational studies of Mg in Ge, Si, and Sn, J. Power Sources, 33, 341-345 (2013)
42. S. Manzhos: Computational design of new organics dyes with improved solar absorbance for dye-sensitized solar cells, MRS Commun. 3(1), 37-39 (2013)
41. O. I. Malyi, T. L. Tan, S. Manzhos: A comparative computational study of structures, diffusion, and dopant interactions between Li and Na insertion into Si, Appl. Phys. Express 6(2), 027301 (2013)
40. S. Manzhos, H. Segawa, K. Yamashita: Effect of nuclear vibrations, temperature, co-adsorbed water, and dye orientation on light absorption, charge injection and recombination conditions in organic dyes on TiO2, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 15(4), 1141-1147 (2013